Who am I? - Part 2

Born and bred in Ipoh.

Started piano lessons at 4 years of age but cried whenever I went for classes, not sure why.

Had always been in "Rumah biru" throughout my entire schooling days.

Took up swimming, tennis, and bowling lessons. Loved maths. Loved art. Loved cycling in primary school days.

Parents often registered my name for swimming galas, art competitions and camping trips.

Childhood ambtion was to be an accountant, until I really got into the accounting subject in secondary school. Turned out I didn't like it.

Still loved maths and art in secondary school.

Went for a one-year New South Wales matriculation in Penang International College (currently known as Inti College).

The one lesson that I clearly remember in that college, is when the IT lecturer associated coffee making with IT programming. It was then, that I decided programming is exciting! Programming and Information Technology it was for the next 10 years of my life.

Got myself involved in quite a number of projects, both locally and abroad, and was introduced to something called project development life cycle. Hence, formed my interest in project management.

Gathering of ideas, requirements and facts > Analysis > Lotsa communication in between > Planning and plotting of project life cycle > Planning for and getting the right resources > Designing & execution of the design > Testing & implementation > Maintenance.....

Because of my years of experience in IT, I have been molded to become analytical and detailed. My planning skills have been constantly challenged and improved.

What constantly goes on in my head: If Plan A doesn't work, need Plan B. If Plan B doesn't work, need Plan C. If Plan C doesn't work, need Plan D. The what-if's go on and on.

Being a melancholic, I was seen as someone reliable, trustworthy and detailed. Friends around took notice of these traits, and started asking me to help with wedding planning and coordination. And I thought to myself, "I like arts and projects. A wedding is an artistic project. I like weddings!"

This is how wedding-planning started for me:
A big pot of slow-cooked corporate-life experience, added with a pinch of creativity, stirred in with flavours of my personality and lots of passion.

Oh, and I like fish :D

Comments

Popular Posts